12 Most Effective Mondays Ever
Why are they the 12 Most Effective Mondays Ever? Because you make them that way with your choices.
Internationally known leadership consultant, educator, speaker and author of more than twenty books David Cottrell gives terrific advice in Monday Morning Choices. He tells you, and I agree, that if you change your Mondays you can change your life. What he suggests is that each Monday you focus on one personal and positive choice for the week.
Following are his 12 timeless and proven principles for successful living; I have selected one quote for each choice.
1. The No-Victim Choice . . . Don’t Let Your Past Eat Your Future
“We are free up to the point of choice, then the choice controls the chooser.” Mary Crowley
2. The Commitment Choice . . . Be Passionate Enough to Succeed
“There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose—the knowledge of what one wants and a burning desire to possess it.” Napoleon Hill.
3. The Values Choice . . . Choose the Right Enemies
“I have found that the greatest help in meeting any problem with decency and self-respect and whatever courage is demanded, is to know where you yourself stand. That is, to have in words what you believe and are acting from.” William Faulkner.
4. The Integrity Choice . . . Do the Right Thing
“There is no pillow as soft as a clear conscience.” Coach John Wooden
5. The Do-Something Choice . . . Don’t Vacation on “Someday Isle”
“Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” Will Rogers
6. The Persistence Choice . . . Learn from Failure
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” Thomas Edison
7. The Attitude Choice . . . Take the Enthusiastic Approach
“There’s very little difference in people. But that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The BIG DIFFERENCE is whether it is positive or negative.” W. Clement Stone
8. The Adversity Choice . . . Conquer Difficult Times
“We must look for the opportunity in every difficulty instead of being paralyzed at the thought of the difficulty in every opportunity.” Walter E. Cole
9. The Relationship Choice . . . Connect with Success
“We become who we spend time with. The quality of a person’s life is most often a direct reflection of the expectations of their peer group. Choose your friends well.” Anthony Robbins
10. The Criticism Choice . ,. . Embrace Tough Learning
“He that won’t be counseled can’t be helped.” Benjamin Franklin
11. The Reality Choice . . . Face the Truth
“The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone. Orison Swett Marden
12. The Legacy Choice . . . Give Your Gift
“We make a living from what we get; we make a life from what we give.” Winston Churchill
Will you invest 20 minutes each Monday for the next 12 weeks to change your life?
Will you commit to make these the 12 Most Effective Mondays Ever?
Featured image courtesy of Steve-h licensed via creative commons.