Quotes. How many times have you said “Wow! I wished I said that?”
Most all of us appreciate and collect quotes to varying extents. You just never know when a particular quote may come in handy for a speech, post or tweet.
Recently on my blog I posted “13 Great Social Media Quotes.”
Great though the quotes were, after I posted it I thought “OMG, I should have asked some of the other 12Most contributors for a quote because they do social media right.” So I did.
This collection is the result. While most of them are from 12Mosters, a few I brought over from my original post to share with you.
1. “How can you squander even one more day not taking advantage of the greatest shifts of our generation? How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?”
~ Seth Godin, Seth’s Blog
2. “Social Media is about being open, being a connector, being supportive and being yourself.”
~ Michael Q. Todd, @mqtodd, 12Most
3. “Social media provides us the opportunity to think before we ‘speak’, giving us a better shot at reasoned dialog. So it’s not a huge surprise to me that not only can real communication happen, but real relationships can blossom.”
~ Paul Biedermann, @PaulBiedermann, 12Most
4. “Buoy relationships developed through social media by mixing up the medium once in a while. Phone conversations, and in-person meetups — even longer exchanges via e-mail — create a richer communication experience… and deeper connections.”
~ Ellen Bremen, @chattyprof, 12Most
5. “When sexting replaces actual sex, then I will believe that social media relationships have replaced real, face-to-face relationships. Get out from behind the screen and make your social media relationships something more.”
~ S. Anthony Innarino, @iannarino, 12Most
6. “The value of being connected and transparent is so high that the roadbumps of privacy issues are much lower in actual experience than people’s fears.”
~ Reid Hoffman, founder and executive chairman of LinkedIn
7. “Anonymity is the fame of the future.”
~ John Boyle, @BrandFlair, 12Most
8. “If, at the end of my days, the sum of what I’ve taken exceeds the sum of what I’ve given, then I have lived in vain.”
~ Doug Rice, @dougrice, 12Most
9. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas; what happens on Twitter stay on Google forever!”
~ Jure Klepic, @jkcallas, 12Most
10. “Get over yourself before you write. Then when you write, you can transcend. In transcendence, you connect your bubble to the ocean of human experience.”
~ Jane Chin, @janechin, 12Most
11. “I have never seen someday on a calendar.”
~ Carrie Wilkerson(@barefoot_exec) Contributed by Michelle Kay, @thedomesticexec, 12Most
12. “What’s the ROI of your Mom?”
~ Gary Vaynerchuk, Crush It, in response to the question “What’s the ROI of Social Media?”
Though this last quote was not said about social media, its message syncs with social media.
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.”
~ Charles Darwin
So, which is your favorite quote?
If you have a favorite or two, please do add them in the comments section.
Do you agree with the perspectives shared in these quotes?
Featured image courtesy of Marcin Wichary licensed via Creative Commons.