12 Most Fantastical Dr. Seuss Quotes For The Business Place
We all love Dr. Seuss, right? Every generation continues to pass down those favorite books of quirky words and advice. Did you know that many of the Dr. Seuss phrases can be used in the business world? So, go ahead-relieve the stress of your day and give these a try; read them, read them, and you may like them, says I.
1. “From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!”
This of course, is easily applicable to that one lady at work who wears two different colored shoes every day (you know the one I’m talking about; every business has one.) Oh yes, she’s also the one who walks out of the restroom with toilet paper stuck to those non-matching shoes.
2. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.”
Everyone should use this as their work mantra. You are in charge of you and only you can choose what to do.
3. “Being crazy isn’t enough.”
… to work here that is! This is what the jokesters tell the new hires.
4. “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
Says your advertising team at the weekly meeting. Look around for the creative juice; find it quick or your ad’s in a noose. Hey, no pressure right?
5. “How did it get so late so soon?”
Don’t we all say this when we realize we’ve worked through dinner, the bags under our eyes have bags, and the custodians are glaring at us because we’re in their line of fire for the Pledge spray?
6. “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed).”
Do not step on anyone’s toes while conducting business…especially the boss’s. Watch where you walk, be careful when you talk, or you just might find your career’s been outlined in chalk!
7. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?”
Businesses like those employees who are willing to take chances. Are you that person? Can you handle it? Can you speak your mind? Can you jump through flaming hoops fueled by the unkind? Then you will do well at work and in life; in fact, welcome aboard, no worries, no strife!
8. “Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how.”
This means you need to know when to play, where to play, and who’s watching you play! Knowing how to have fun at the board meeting would be nice. What are your ideas? (I bring my laptop and email other people in the meeting that also have their laptop…childish I know. But I like to make others laugh when a meeting makes us want to cry.)
9. “The storm starts, when the drops start dropping. When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.”
I’m pretty sure this refers to one of two things: 1) when the boss is yelling at you; or 2) the state of your company’s stock market prices…
10. “You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.”
When the head guy says this to you, you walk away and wonder its meaning for the next two hours. You think- was he referring to my career, or what I’ll see through the glass elevator on the way up to the 17th floor?
11. “Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.”
A beautiful piece of advice to remember when meeting with any clients, customers, etc. It’s like imagining your mother is watching-with scrutiny.
12. “The words in this book are all phooey. When you say them, your lips will make slips and back flips and your tongue may end up in Saint Looey!”
Unfortunately, this may describe your latest memo, ebook, or bulk email that was sent out. Now what do you do? Well, own up, correct it quick, and hope that no one wants to sue…
Fantastical quotes, there are a ton. Do you have a favorite? Go on, leave a comment and share one!
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vbecker/5508082416 via Creative Commons