12 Most Provocative Quotes on LOVE
February 14th is Valentine’s Day and love is in the air…
But what does the 4 letter word “LOVE” really mean?
Is there a universal definition of love?
Is there a language of love?
Does love mean the same thing to you and me?
In an attempt to unravel this, I did some research on the subject. And based on my research, I discovered the following:
• In every piece of literature that I read, love has always been described as a very powerful, positive and transformational human emotion
• There is no universal definition of love — it means different things to different people
• Even for a single individual,
• The definition of love changes as one evolves in the journey of life
• The emotions, expressions, intensity and manifestations vary based on your relationships. For example: The love you feel varies for your parents, siblings, spouse, children, friends, family and yourself.
In this post, I have listed the 12 most thought provoking quotes on love that I have come across…
1. Jiddu Krishnamurti
The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it; you will discover that for you the world is transformed.
that’s why life is full of so many wonderful gifts.
3. Sam Keen
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
4. John Powell
The only love worthy of a name is unconditional.
5. Dr. Seuss
When you are in love you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
6. Albert Einstein
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
7. Leo Buscaglia
One does not fall “in” and “out” of love. One grows in love.
8. Author unknown
We were given:
Two hands to hold.
Two legs to walk.
Two eyes to see.
Two ears to listen.
But why only one heart?
Because the other was given to someone else.
For us to find.
9. Thomas P. Kempis
Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love.
10. Roy Croft
I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
11. Vincent Van Gogh
Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.
12. Lao Tzu
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Pause and reflect…
What does love mean to you?
If you liked this article, please give it a thumbs up in Stumbleupon. Thanks!
Featured image courtesy marierush via of Creative Commons.