12 Most Holy Commandments of Community Management
Shortly after the Social God freed the business people out of the slavery grip of traditional marketing, they traveled through the WWW and various social networks until they found and camped out in front of Mount Facebook. There God met and spoke with the people, telling them why he had rescued them from marketing faxes and direct mail.
For the Social God had chosen these people to be made into a holy nation of Community Managers, his treasured possession. One day the Social God presented one of these managers the first part of his new system of laws for his people — the 12 Most Holy Commandments of Community Management. These summarized the absolutes of spiritual and moral living that he intended for his people.
And the Social Media God spoke all these words, saying:
I am the Internet thy God, which have brought thee out of the land Web 1.0, out of the house of one-way broadcast advertising.
1. Thou Shalt Feed Your Community, Not Your Ego
2. Thou Shalt Recognize Followers with Gratitude
3. Thou Shalt Share Content Useful to the Community
4. Thou Shalt Not Moderate Comments
5. Thou Shalt Post Community Rules
6. Thou Shalt be Transparent in all Decisions
7. Thou Shalt Not Feed the Trolls
8. Thou Shalt Not Sell
9. Thou Shalt Converse and Not Broadcast
10. Thou Shalt Crowdsource Ideas
11. Thou Shalt Respond to All Queries Quickly
12. Thou Shalt Listen Before Speaking
So it is written, So it shall be done.
Featured image licensed via Stock.Xchng.