12 Most Sunny Ways to Enjoy Summer like a Kid
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Each summer begins with high hopes for barbecues, trips to the ocean and picnics. But then all the regular tasks of summer: mowing the lawn, weeding and working take up our time filling each day from beginning to end. I urge you to take a few things from this list and relive some of the beauty that was summer when you were young and carefree.
Spend time like there are no responsibilities and just be! Bask in the sun, go on a picnic and let the sun warm your face. Here are a few suggestions that I like that you might enjoy.
1. Get ice cream from the ice cream man
2. Blow bubbles
3. Get out the sidewalk chalk
4. Go to the park and go on the swings
5. Pick daisies and make a chain
6. Run around in your yard barefoot
7. Catch fireflies in a jar and then let them go
8. Look for four leaf clovers
9. Whistle through an acorn cap
10. Make s’mores
11. Take a walk in the woods with your dog
12. Relax, enjoy yourself and laugh!
What were some of your favorite activities that only happened in the summertime?
Featured image courtesy of lighthack via Creative Commons.
by Peg Fitzpatrick