12 Most Unfashionable Twitter Faux Pas from DKNY
I recently had the pleasure of meeting Aliza Licht, Senior VP of Communications for Donna Karan International, at a conference in New York City. Aliza is the Blackberry behind the extremely popular Twitter account: @DKNY. Tweeting as DKNY PR Girl®, Aliza has captured an audience of almost 390,000 followers that she calls her friends. In her own words, “I am Aliza Licht and I am addicted to Twitter.”
Aliza was urged by fans to start a blog and now shares her sassy brand of social media, fashion and PR tips on Tumbler as DKNY PR Girl® as well. At the Fashion 2.0 Awards, Aliza won two consecutive awards for Best Twitter account and this February won Best Twitter and Best Blog by a Fashion Brand. When I met Aliza, she was receiving the Most Likeable Fashion Designer Award for Donna Karan.
Aliza took a moment to share her top 12 most unfashionable Twitter faux pas. I hope you take the time to follow @DKNY, she is fabulous! And learn a few things about Twitter from a TRUE professional.
1. Never tweet “follow me”
2. Don’t #FF yourself
3. Don’t steal tweets or material from others
4. Give credit where credit is due
5. Don’t pretend to #FF yourself
6. Scary but true — don’t pretend you are somewhere that you aren’t
7. Don’t spam! If you schedule tweets from related accounts, respect your audience with your material
8. Engage with your audience
9. Don’t pretend you are friends with someone you are not, people will catch on to your one-sided conversation
10. Pay attention to the conversation about you
11. Don’t post the same post multiple times
12. Be original and unique!
A bonus faux pas plucked from the Twitter stream:
. @ can it be 13 most? I hate when people tweet the same thing to multiple people. I check these things. Especially pleas..
Featured image courtesy of Jerez del Toro (sRGB) via Creative Commons.
Article by Peg Fitzpatrick